HOW OLD IS AVA?

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

HOW OLD IS MAX?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Heart Warming

While on the way home from work after picking the kids up from day-care last week, "Remember When" by Alan Jackson came on the radio in the car. Ava said to me that Max was holding her hand. I looked and sure enough he was. We got closer to home and Ava said Max was still holding her hand. As I pull in to the garage and park the car, Ava unbuckled and started hugging Max and I could hear her crying. I asked if she was sad and she said "No, I don't know what I feel". We get in the house and Ava and was still crying. She got out her markers and a piece of paper and started. She brought in a drawing to me and asked if I new what it said. I said no, what does it say. She said the picture said that "Max lets her break her heart." She said she was crying because she was happy and she loved Max so much. I told her that Max was so lucky to have her as a big sister. She got a big smile on her face and gave Max a big hug.

6 comments:

Terri H-E said...

Those sweet kids are changing the world, one hand-hold at a time.

When stuff like that happens, doesn't that little nagging gnat of a question "WHY?" just get batted away for a while, totally answered? I hope it does for you, too.

Love,
Addie's clan

Our Journey said...

thats just beautiful!!! got to go find a tissue now ..

Cindy said...

What a mature girl! That's a wonderful story to treasure.

Anxious AF said...

that is so precious! What a great sister he has.

Jacqui said...

What a heart warming story. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing. It brought sunshine to my day.

The Peacock Family said...

Thank you for sharing that story with us, that is just amazing and so cute.