HOW OLD IS AVA?

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

HOW OLD IS MAX?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 14, 2009

Last Week

Since this is Max's last week at his current day-care center (tears are welling in my eyes), I visited the center this week. Max's Speech Therapist also came for an hour. I wanted to get a feel for how he is doing at his current day-care to, hopefully, help me transition him to his new day-care center that is in the school district he will be attending when he turns three. I was a very rough week counting down the days until a big transition for Max and me.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well he does! He followed directions and the routine very well. I got to enjoy circle time with him. (I have a video, but can't get it to post) He loves singing songs, it was so cute. I left for an hour and came back and joined his speech therapist when the kids were heading in for lunch. He came in and sat in his chair, listened to a couple books on tape while one teacher changed diapers. He did great at meal time. He ate like I have never seen him eat before. The speech therapist and I were both in shock. This was the first time his speech therapist has seen him eat other than at home. We are trying to figure out why he is so calm when eating at day-care and does so well! At home, he seems like he is rushed and doesn't eat much. I am not sure if it is because when we are at home we don't have a routine that we follow. After he ate, he signed all done and the teacher called him over to wash up. Once he was cleaned up, he walked over to his mat and laid down. I gave him a kiss and left. He seemed so grown up!

It was fun hearing about little things that Max does during the day from his teachers. They told me when Max is getting in trouble, he will look at them and sign "hello" like he is trying to change the subject. The teachers sign to Max when they are talking to him, which I really appreciated. We are really going to miss the center he is currently at and they will always hold a special place in my heart! All of Max's past and present teachers put together a photo album with a picture of them with Max and a little note to us. It was so sweet!

Max has a two week break before he starts at the new center. We will be on vacation for a week and he will be at home for another week. I hope we don't break him of doing so well away from us.

Ms Jen- Max has spent most of his two plus years with Ms Jen. She was with him when he was in the baby room. She knows Max VERY well!



Ms Adrian- Ms Adrian is fairly new to Max. She has been with Max for about six month and in those six months Max has grown attached to her and I think the feeling is mutual.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

How wonderful that you've had such a supportive environment for Max! It sounds like the new place will have big shoes to fill, but I'm sure the new caregivers will fall equally in love with Max.

Ellen Seidman said...

Hi there! It is nice to meet you, and your little Max. My Max is 6! I love that name (um, obviously). Like you, I try to promote awareness about his condition, he has cerebral palsy due to a stroke at birth.

I am glad for the progress your Max is making.

Ellen

Anxious AF said...

He is such a big boy!!!! I cant even imagine Alex doing all of that. I know he will, but you know they seem like little babies for so long.
Great job Max, I know you will do great wherever you are.

Anonymous said...

Awww Kelly, I know change is scary. I am in the same boat right now with Noah. Sounds like Max is doing great.. Thinking of you.

Dave / Janice Foley said...

We are so proud of you Max!!! You have come so far and it is so rewarding to watch you grow and learn new things. You are one smart little guy!!

Love You Buddy!
Papa & Grandma